Day 01: Arrival at Colombo.
- On your arrival at Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport, our representative will escort you to your vehicle.
- Visit Munishwaram Temple – This temple predates the Ramayana Era and it is believed Lord Ram prayed to Lord Shiva here.
- Visit Manavari Temple – It is believed that this is the first lingam installed and prayed by Lord Ram, till date, this lingam is called Ramalinga Shivan.
- Dinner & Overnight stay at your hotel in Negombo, a beach town located very close to Airport.
Day 02: Travel to Kandy from Negombo.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and start to Kandy, recognized as one of the 7 UNESCO world heritage sites in Sri Lanka.
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth, a Buddhist temple that houses the tooth of Lord Buddha.
- Visit the Kandy Murugan Temple.
- Dinner and Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 03: Travel to Nuwara Eliya from Kandy.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and visit the following places.
- Dunuwala – This is the site where Ravana died.
- Laggala – This is the site where Ravana is believed to have meditated and prayed to Lord Shiva.
- Yahalanga – King Ravana’s body was displayed here after his death at the hands of Lord Ram to allow his countrymen to offer their last respect.
- Weragantota – This was the capital city of King Ravana and is believed to be the first place where Sita was brought into Sri Lanka in King Ravana’s Vimana.
- Sita Kotuwa – It is believed that Sita was moved to this place by King Ravana. It literally translates to Sita’s Fort.
- Gurulupotha Lankapura – This place is believed to be King Ravana’s flying Vimana repair center.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 04: Nuwara Eliya ( Hakgala and Ella Excursion )
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and start a local tour of the city which is famous for golf courses, trout streams, Victoria Park, and boating/fishing on Lake Gregory.
- Visit Hakagala Botanical Gardens – The exotic garden of King Ravana, where the heartwarming meeting between Sita and Hanuman took place.
- Sita Amman Temple – Dedicated to Lord Rama and Sita.
- Divurumpola Temple – This is the holy place where Sita performed her Agni Pariksha (to prove her chastity to her husband Lord Rama).
- Ella – A small mountain village that boasts of locations linked to Ramayana namely Ravana Ella cave and Ella falls.
- Dinner and Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 05: Travel to Katargama from Nuwara Eliya
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and start at Katargama, a popular pilgrimage destination.
- Visit the beach areas of Hambantota.
- Visit the jungles of Yala National Park.
- Dinner and Overnight stay in Tissamaharama.
Day 06: Travel to Colombo from Katargama
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast and start to Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka.
- Visit Kelaniya Temple – After King Ravana’s death, Vibeeshana was coroneted as King of Lanka by Lord Rama.
- Visit the Panchamuga Anjaneyar Temple at Kalubowila.
- Overnight stay in Colombo.
Day 07: Colombo
- Enjoy breakfast and proceed to sightsee in Colombo.
- Visit Galle Face Green, the Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Old Parliament Building.
- For shopping, we will guide you to Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City, etc.
- Depart to the airport marking the end of your wonderful tour.
Note: To view Sri Lanka Ramayana Tour Packages, kindly send us an inquiry by click on the “Send Enquiry & Get Quotes” button.