Karnavedha or Karna Vedham is one of the Hindu Samskaras performed for a child. In our tradition, a pierced ear shows how cultured is the family. This ceremony is performed for both girls and boys. The priest chants the holy verses from the scriptures. He whispers the mantras in the ear of the child and prays for the child’s bright future.
When to Perform Karnavedha?
- Generally, this ceremony is performed during the 6th or 7th month of the baby.
- Can schedule the date at the age of 3rd, 5th, or 7th year of the child.
- The date selection should be compatible with the Janma Nakshatra, yoga, and Thithi of the child.
Benefits of Karnavedha:
- Ear piercing ceremony has significant medicinal benefits.
- It is the acupuncture version of the ear lobe. For the girl child, ear piercing regulates her biological cycle.
- It also prevents hysteria and many other diseases.
- It helps to develop the thinking capacity of a child.
Book Purohit for Karnavedha. Purohit will bring all the Pooja Samagri. All the Purohits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.