Brihaspati Vrat is performed for Lord Vishnu. Guruvar Vrat should be performed for 16 Thursdays and on 17th Thursday Vrat Udyapan is to be performed. Performing this Vrat and udyapan helps the person fulfill their wishes and attain happiness in their life.
- Male devotees can do this Vrat puja continuously for 16 weeks and on the 17th Thursday udhyapan is to be performed.
- Female devotees should do this vrat for 16 Thursdays, except during Periods. After successful completion of 16 Thursdays, they can do udhyapan on 17th Thursday.
- A person who is performing this vrat should read Brihaspativar Vrat Katha on Thursday.
Brihaspati Udyapan is performed by doing Gauri, Ganesh, Kalash, Navgraha puja. Sarvatobhadra puja, Vishnu avahan, and Prana pratistha are performed. Abhishek is done to Vishnuji Pratima, Katha Shravanam is done, Water is poured to banana plant, and Havan is performed. In the end Daan, Dakshina is given to the Brahmins who perform this Udyapan Puja.
When to Perform Brihaspati Udyapan?
Brihaspati Udyapan is performed on 17th Thursday.
Benefits of Brihaspati Udyapan Puja:
- This puja marks the successful completion of Brihaspati Vrat.
- It helps in fulfilling the wishes.
- By performing this Vrat puja, marital bliss will be attained by couples.
Book Pandit for Brihaspati Udyapan. Panditji will bring all the Puja Samagri. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.