Yagnopavit Sanskar is a very important ceremony among the Brahmins. The sacred thread is worn by some Kshatriyas and Vaishya communities also. A Brahmin is also called a Dwija that means the one who is born twice. A boy is said to be born again when you perform Janeu Sanskar. A sacred thread, called Janeu or Yajnopaveetam is placed around the left shoulder of the boy.
Panditji begins this puja with Gauri Ganesh puja, Punyaha Vachan, Maha Sankalpam, Kalash puja, Upnayan. The havan is performed as per the Shastras.
When to Perform Yagnopavit Sanskar?
- This puja is performed when the boy enters the age of 8.
- Schedule an auspicious date as per the Janma Nakshatra of the boy.
Benefits of Yagnopavit Sanskar:
- The boy is now eligible to learn all Vedas.
- The boy is protected from all kinds of evil spirits and negative energies.
- This puja increases the ability to gain knowledge.
- It permits the Brahmin to start doing pujas and rituals after the Janeu Sanskar.
Book Gujarati Pandit for Yagnopavit Sanskar. Panditji will bring all the Puja Samagri. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.