Pitru Paksha also known as Mahalaya Paksha is a 15 lunar days period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors. Pitru paksha 2022 is from 10th September 2022 to 25th September 2022. This Shardh is performed especially through Pinda Pradhan, Tarpan, and food offerings to Brahmins. Performing this ceremony with utmost faith and a peaceful mind gives the Karta the full benefit of this ceremony. The blessings of ancestors will always be there upon them.
Pitru Paksha 2022 Dates:
10th September: Purnima Shradh
11st September: Pratipada Shradh
12nd September: Dwitiya Shradh
13rd September: Tritiya Shradh
14th September: Chaturthi Shradh
15th September: Panchami Shradh
16th September: Shashthi Shradh
17th September: Saptami Shradh
18th September: Ashtami Shradh
19th September: Navami Shradh
20th September: Dashami Shradh
21st September: Ekadashi Shradh
22nd September: Dwadashi Shradh
23rd September: Trayodashi Shradh
24th September: Chaturdashi Shradh
25th September: Amavasya Shradh
Pitru Paksha Shradh procedure mainly involves below main steps:
- Vishwadev Sthapan Pujan
- Pinda Pradan: It is the offering of pinda’s ( Rice balls) to the ancestors mixed with ghee, honey, sugar, milk, and curd. Pind Pradan should be performed with utmost dedication and faith.
- Tarpan: Offering of Til(Black) with water.
- Brahman Bhojan: Offering bhojan to brahman is a must.
- By performing this ceremony one receives the Pithrus blessing to help them achieve their dreams without any obstacles.
- The intensity of any Pithru dosh is also reduced.
Book North Indian Panditji / Hindi Pandit for Mahalaya Shradh. Panditji will bring all the Puja Samagri. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.
14 reviews for Pitru Paksha (Mahalaya) Shradh Puja