Pitru Paksha also known as Mahalaya Paksha is a 15 lunar days period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors. Pitru paksha 2021 is from 20th September 2021 to 6th October 2021. This Shardh is performed especially through Pinda Pradhan, Tarpan, and food offerings to Brahmins. Performing this ceremony with utmost faith and a peaceful mind gives the Karta the full benefit of this ceremony. The blessings of ancestors will always be there upon them.
Pitru Paksha 2021 Dates:
20th September: Purnima Shradh
21st September: Pratipada Shradh
22nd September: Dwitiya Shradh
23rd September: Tritiya Shradh
24th September: Chaturthi Shradh
25th September: Panchami Shradh
26th September: Shashthi Shradh
28th September: Saptami Shradh
29th September: Ashtami Shradh
30th September: Navami Shradh
1st October: Dashami Shradh
2nd October: Ekadashi Shradh
3rd October: Dwadashi Shradh
4th October: Trayodashi Shradh
5th October: Chaturdashi Shradh
6th October: Amavasya Shradh
Pitru Paksha Shradh procedure mainly involves below main steps:
- Vishwadev Sthapan Pujan
- Pinda Pradan: It is the offering of pinda’s ( Rice balls) to the ancestors mixed with ghee, honey, sugar, milk, and curd. Pind Pradan should be performed with utmost dedication and faith.
- Tarpan: Offering of Til(Black) with water.
- Brahman Bhojan: Offering bhojan to brahman is a must.
- By performing this ceremony one receives the Pithrus blessing to help them achieve their dreams without any obstacles.
- The intensity of any Pithru dosh is also reduced.
Book North Indian Panditji / Hindi Pandit for Mahalaya Shradh. Panditji will bring all the Puja Samagri. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.