Pitru Paksha also known as Mahalaya Paksha is a 15 lunar days period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors. Pitru paksha 2019 is from 13th September 2019 to 28th September 2019. This Shardh is performed especially through Pinda pradan, Tarpan and food offerings to Brahmins. Performing this ceremony with utmost faith and peaceful mind gives the karta the full benefit of this ceremony and blessings of his ancestor will always be there upon them.
Pitru Paksha 2019 Dates:
- 13 September (Friday) Purnima Shradh
- 14 September (Saturday) Pratipada Shradh
- 15 September (Sunday) Dwitiya Shradh
- 17 September (Tuesday) Tritiya Shradh
- 18 September (Wednesday) Maha Bharani, Chaturthi Shradh
- 19 September (Thursday) Panchami Shradh
- 20 September (Friday) Shashthi Shradh
- 21 September (Saturday) Saptami Shradh
- 22 September (Sunday) Ashtami Shradh
- 23 September (Monday) Navami Shradh
- 24 September (Tuesday) Dashami Shradh
- 25 September (Wednesday) Ekadashi Shradh, Dwadashi Shradh
- 26 September (Thursday) Magha Shradh, Trayodashi Shradh
- 27 September (Friday) Chaturdashi Shradh
- 28 September (Saturday) Sarva Pitru Amavasya Shradh
Pitru Paksha Shradh procedure mainly involves below main steps:
- Vishwadev Sthapan Pujan
- Pinda pradan: It is the offering of pindas ( Rice balls) to the ancestors mixed with ghee honey sugar milk and curd. Pind pradan should be performed with utmost dedication and faith.
- Tarpan: Offering of Til(Black) with water.
- Brahman Bhojan: Offering bhojan to brahman is a must.
Book North Indian Panditji / Hindi Pandit for Mahalaya Shradh 2019. All the Puja Samargi will be brought by Panditji. All our Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.
Note: To View Pitru Paksha Shradh Cost, kindly click on the “View Pricing and Packages” button.