Gau Daan is one of the very divine Daans anyone can do in their lifetime. Gau means cow and Daan means to donate.
In Vedic Shastras, there are 7 mothers for every human: 1. Our own mother 2. Rajapatni 3. Mother earth 4. Brahmin 5. Guru Patni 6. Nurse and 7. Mother Cow. The cow gives milk similar to the mother. Every product of cow such as Milk, Curd, Ghee, Gaumaya(cow-dung), Gaumutram is known as Pancha Gavyam. This is very essential in a person’s life to get a pure and chemical-free life.
In Garuda Purana, under the 47th chapter of the Preta Khanda mentioned the Vaitarni River. After the soul leaves the body, it must cross this river after death. Persons who have done good karmas and daans in their lifetime can easily cross the river. It is believed that people who do Gho dhanam never fall into the Vaitarni river after death.
Gau Daan Charges:
We perform Pratyaksha Gau Dan where Indian Cow (Desi Cow and Calf having Surya Nadi) is purchased on your behalf and given Daan to Brahmin family where they can take care of the cow.
- Charges of Good milk giving Cow Starts from 55000.
- Fodder Charges: 3 months – Rs.3000 ; 6 months – Rs.8000 and 1 year – Rs.15000
- We perform donations at locations: Bangalore, Srirangapatna, Vellore, Gokarna, Rameshwaram.
Note: A person who wants to offers Gau Daan can come and perform this donation or else Harivara.Com will perform on your behalf and send a video to you.
Benefits of Gau Daan:
- Gau Daan helps to get rid of Papa Karmas or Sins.
- It helps to clear the debts and to attain forgiveness.
- It helps to attain Moksha after death.