- On Tharpanam day, dry clothes shall be used but not wet clothes till the completion of Tharpanam.
- Tharpanam will be offered with a handful of water with sesame seeds (Ellu). Avoid using spoons or drops of water or spoons.
- Copper vessels should be used, if not available can also use silver vessels.
- Tharpanam must be done by facing the East or South directions.
Benefits of Tharpanam:
- By performing this ceremony, a person will get the Pithrus blessing that helps them to achieve their dreams without any obstacles.
- The intensity of any Pithru doshas gets reduced.
Amavasya’s Dates in 2023 are given below:
- 21st January 2023 (Saturday) Thai Amavasya
- 20th February 2023 (Monday) Amavasya
- 21st March 2023 (Tuesday) Amavasya
- 19th April 2023 (Wednesday) Amavasya
- 19th May 2023 (Friday) Amavasya
- 17th June 2023 (Saturday) Amavasya
- 17th July 2023 (Monday) Amavasya
- 16th August 2023 (Wednesday) Aadi Amavasya
- 14th September 2023 (Thursday) Amavasya
- 14th October, 2023 (Saturday) Mahalaya Amavasya
- 13th November 2023 (Monday) Amavasya
- 12th December 2023 (Tuesday) Amavasya
Book Vadhyar for Tharpanam. Vadhyar will bring all the Pooja Samagri(items). All the Priests are well experienced and studied from Vedic Patashala.